About Us

Gambian Talents Promotion is here to tap, nurture and promote Gambian Talents and culture from around the world as well as inform, educate and entertain Gambians through those talents. We are headquartered in Lynnwood Washington in the USA where we have been operating for the past 13 years.

We opened our office in The Gambia in late 2017 and since our primary focus is the youths, our office is managed 100% by young people under the age of 35. Since then, we have equally trained and mentored a couple of dozen young people in the area of Graphic design, Web design, Videography, Public Speaking, Marketing and journalism. We train “backway” returnees, school dropouts and/or students of the University of The Gambia (UTG) or other tertiary institutions with little or no practical knowledge in the above fields.

Since our inception in 2006, through partnership with several organizations, individuals, companies and promoters around the world, we created the platform for several Gambian Musicians to travel abroad notably to the US, UK and Scandinavia.

In 2008, we organized the first Gambian Talents Award during which we recognized and honored talented Gambians in 18 different Categories including music, sports, literally art, fine art, radio and TV personnel just to name a few.

Over the years, we have spread our wings and grown from being only promoters of Gambian Talents and culture and turned into a full-fledged nonprofit online Public broadcasting network whose mandate is to educate, inform and entertain Gambians both home and abroad.

Our readership, viewers and followers have rapidly grown, thanks to the quality programs, news and activities we present on a daily basis. Gambians and friends of The Gambia in the diaspora form 60% of our followers while Gambians in The Gambia form the other 40% .

This is changing rapidly as a result of the new dispensation and easier access to internet. A lot of Gambians in The Gambia were hesitant to engage with the online media due to the political climate of the country at the time.

With the new dispensation, our following in The Gambia is rapidly increasing. It is also important to note that a lot of Gambians in the diaspora rely on us greatly to get news, current affairs and happenings in and about The Gambia. On the other hand, Gambians back home rely on us to connect with their families abroad and abreast themselves with current happenings and trendy news from and about Gambians around the world.

Our social media pages have a combined following of over 2 hundred thousand and average about 5 million to 12 million people reach/month while our website reaches about 6 hundred thousand to 1 million monthly visits. Thank you very much. Please let us know if you need any other information.